Meet us up on Floor 5 for our first race in our three part series.
ALL GGP RACES FOLLOW THE SAME FORMAT:
6:00pm Registration (All classes)
6:30pm Straight Up Race
7:10pm Open Guerrilla Single
7:50pm Open Guerrilla Relay
8:30pm Awards & Party
WHICH RACE IS RIGHT FOR ME?
1. STRAIGHT UP RACE: Like riding fast? This is the garage race for you. Straight Up Races are a mass start format! Complete your laps* and be the first one to put your race plate in the bucket to win sweet prizes (gift cards, bike stuff, tasty beverages, coconuts… what have you). Each course is different, but be prepared for ~20/30 minutes of racing- depending on how fast you are. *Laps are announced day of the event- and change in accordance to the garage layout and structure.
2. OPEN GUERRILLA SINGLE: Like getting weird? Not a serious racer? Want to laugh your lungs out while trying something new? Riding the open class may be perfect for you. This race rewards you for earning points, completing tasks, and riding bikes of different varieties. Whoever gets the most points by the end of the 30 minute time period wins! *Tandems can race this category.
3. OPEN GUERRILLA RELAY: Its like riding the Open Single, but with 2-4 buddies for a relay event. This race rewards you for earning points, completing tasks, and riding bikes of different varieties. Whoever gets the most points by the end of the 30 minute time period wins! *Tandems can race this category.
POINTS FOR OPEN CLASSES
Goofiness is encouraged and expected in our open single and relay gueRrilla races. all races will reward the following points listed below
Each Lap = 1 point
Racing in Costume = 3 points
Tandems= 5 points
Cargo Bikes = 3 points
Trikes/Recumbents = 5 points
Fat Bikes (3.7in tire or >) = 3 points
Electric Bike = -5 points
Secret Special Points Announced Each Race
*Points are subject to change.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
$20.00 for One Race
$30.00 for Multiple
You may ride one race, or all three in one night… it's up to you dude.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
Life is great, and want you to be around for the afterparty. Therefore, there are sections of the garages where you will be disqualified for unsafe riding techniques. Example- areas marked «BUMS IN THE SADDLE» means if we catch you standing, you will be automatically DQ'ed.
Helmets and Brakes are REQUIRED
Adult Beverage Drinking- You must show ID and wear a wrist band to drink at Dankey events.
Who gets prizes?
Each Race will award the top 3 racers:
1. Straight Up Race (Top 3 Fastest Women and Men)
2. Open Guerilla Single (Top 3 Point Winning Individuals)
3. Open Guerilla Relay (Top 3 Point Winning Teams)